HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR BYMAYUMI JEWELRY:
With proper care, your ByMayumi pieces can last for years to come! There are three things to keep in mind when caring for your jewelry:
- What is your jewelry in contact with (chemicals or other substances).
- What residue stays on your jewelry for longer periods of time (or gets removed from cleaning).
- How is your piece stored.
Let’s dive into the details, shall we?
- Remove jewelry during physical activities (running, crossfit, gardening, hiking, swimming, household chores, etc.)
- Remove jewelry when using chemicals: shampoos, harsh soaps, lotions, makeup, hairspray, etc. Even some household items and foods that contain sulfur should be avoided whenever possible.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to chlorine, pools, hot tubs or spas.
- Avoid abrasive materials like a terry cloth, bath towel, and shirt to polish your jewelry. Even tissues or paper towels are micro-abrasive and should be avoided.
- Store your jewelry in a dry, cool place or storage. Always clean your piece before storing. Use a generic micro fiber cloth or lens cloth to remove any oxidation or tarnish marks. Gently rub across the surface until the shine has been restored. Occasionally, remove skin oils by rinsing with warm water and buffing with a soft cloth or microfiber fabric.
- Regularly clean your jewelry using mild soap. Pat dry. DO NOT rub.
- Again, take extra care around perspiration, salt, chlorine, perfume, lotions, and makeup as they can damage fine jewelry. Jewelry like chokers and bracelets, which are tight against the skin, are prone to more contact and may need to be cleaned more frequently.
- Although rare, sometimes individual body chemistries can react with the metal and cause a reaction. Pregnancy, thyroid disorders, hormone levels, medications and more can affect body alkalinity versus acidity, and may cause a reaction with your piece. It’s definitely a wild-card and is based on the individual!
Our best advice is wear your piece often and keep them in a cool dry place when not in use. ✨